Cost of greywater system and installation
The table below sets out indicative costs to supply and install various types of greywater reuse systems for a typical home. It includes cost ranges for pumped greywater diversion devices (GDD) and also greywater treatment systems (GTS) for both garden-only and in- house use. Installations outside the Perth metropolitan area may also incur additional costs, for example due to travel and freight charges.
|Purchase Price||$750 (6) - $2,500 (7)||$8,000-$10,000|
|Installation (unit only)(8)||$250-$1,000||$1,500-$4,000|
|Install dripline (40-50m)||$750-$1,000||N/A as used in-house or to sprinklers|
|Retrofit plumbing (1-2 fixtures)(9)||$400-$1,000||$400-$2,000 (10)|
|Greywater-ready plumbing (laundry, new house)||$200-$500||See below|
|Greywater-ready plumbing (whole house, new)||$750-$1,500||$750-$1,500|
|LGA fees (11)||$240||$240|
|Consultancy fees to assess sites and prepare application to council with plans||$100-$500||$100-$500|
(6) A smaller system scaled for a laundry or similar
(7) A larger system that would handle the whole house
(8) Scale of installation costs will vary with unusual soil or ground conditions and the size of the greywater system
(9) There are often site-specific factors such as ease of access to the drainage lines on retrofits
(10) Additional cost for the GTS is due to the pump and pressure line requirements.
(11) Some council waive or reimburse the fee, which is set by State Government.